2017 was a “break through” year for the Historical Society. We had so much going on that it is hard to imagine we could make so much happen in such a short time. We owe many thanks to the many member volunteers who put so much together.
Highlights of the year included:
- A wonderful series of lectures in the spring;
- Our usual participation in the Saint Patrick’s Day parade;
- A Tuthill House Exhibit “Wisteria Summers”, which explored the history of our change from a farming/fishing community to a summer resort community;
- A fantastic series of Craft Demonstrations every Saturday at the Farmers market;
- Building and dedication of the Foster Meeker Heritage Center baking oven and fireplace complex;
- A Quiogue Historic House Tour and cocktail party;
- Educational programs for elementary kids;
- A Revolutionary War Encampment on the Great Lawn;
- Yard sales, our pot luck supper in the fall, and our Holiday get-together in December.
It was quite a year! Please enjoy these event pictures. When you click on an image below the slideshow will appear at the bottom of this page.
2017 Revolutionary War Encampment