*** These events will be held Rain or Shine ***
American Civil War Living History Event
- 67th New York Infantry, Company K
- 10th New York Cavalry
- 9th Virginia Infantry, Company C
- 30th Virginia Infantry
- Union Artillery demonstrators
The Living History portion of the event will run from 10 AM to 4 PM and be followed by a fund-raising Cocktail Party from 5 to 7 PM.
In addition to the Artillery Demonstrations with canon firing on the hour throughout the day, the tentative schedule of living history activities is as follows:
- 7am – Participants arrive, set up camp
- 10am – Event opens
- 10 to 11am – In Camp Living History Demonstration
- 10am to 1pm – Hankerchief Doll Making
- 11am to 12pm – Muster and Demonstration of Infantry and Cavalry Drills
- 12 to 1pm – Units Period Lunch in Camps
- 1 to 1:30pm – Reading of War Letters
- 2 to 3pm – Artillery and Infantry Skirmish, and Cavalry demonstration
- 3 to 3:30pm – Reading of War Letters
Between demonstrations and drills and during lunch the camps will be open for the public to enter and view/experience what life was like for soldiers and their families during the American Civil War from 1861 to 1865. The re-enactors are knowledgeable of the history and life at that time and will be available for interaction with the visiting public.
The Westhampton Beach Historical Society invites you to attend its Blue and Gray Lawn Party
Saturday August 4th, 5pm to 7pm
On the Great Lawn, Main Street, Westhampton Beach
Admission $60/person for members, non-members $70/person
RSVP by July 28th, using the form below.